(Qualifications to Apply for a Massage Therapy License in Georgia)
The applicant must be 18 years of age
- The applicant must be 18 years of age
- The applicant has a high school diploma or recognized equivalent
- The applicant is a citizen of the United States or a permanent resident of the United States
- The Applicant is of good moral character – meaning professional integrity and a lack of any conviction for acts involving moral turpitude where the underlying conduct relates to the applicant’s fitness to practice massage therapy;
- The applicant has satisfactorily completed a fingerprint record check conducted by the Georgia Crime Information Center and the Federal Bureau of Investigation
- The applicant has successfully completed a board recognized massage therapy educational program consisting of a minimum of 500 hours of course and clinical work
- The applicant has passed the Massage and Bodywork Licensing Exam administered by the Federation of Massage Therapy Boards (MBLEx).
- The applicant agrees to obtain and maintain continuously during the term of licensure liability insurance coverage, as determined by the board.